The Journey (thus far):
- Boiled Carrots – (Mashed & Puree) Fail
- Steamed Carrots – I burned the pot when I let the water boil away. Redo with proper steamer.
- Microwaved Steamed Carrots – Somewhat successful. However with every bite she took, a look of disgust crept on her face as she forced it down. I felt really bad so she ended up with Chicken & Pasta (Damn You Gerber!)
- Pears – (Both Ripe & Cooked) Fail
- Mashed Banana Fail
- Ice Cream! Fail
- Mashed Potatoes Fail
- Peas – Steamed & Partially Boiled* Fail
- Chocolate Cake – Fail
- French Fries – Yeah-I’m-Getting-Desperate Fail
There is much more to add to the list including Cheerios, infant puffs, infant yogurt melts, any juice, and even water. She eats select Gerber, cow’s milk and sometimes nibbles on Gerber’s Arrowroot Cookies [but never intentional ingested].
*Partially boiled because : too much heat + too much water = boiling water up into my colander and all over the stove. Gotcha! Lesson learned.
I realize that partly to blame for my failures, if you have noticed, is brought on by my inability to prepare anything near or around a stove. We can call my condition Culinoma; side effects include: wasted groceries and a hungry cranky husband. Life would be simpler if I could just afford that personal chef I keep daydreaming about.